Saturday 7 January 2012

6th Jan, Still on Ascension

I have a hire car today and after an hour to do email (I can’t send, need to sort that, webmail will do for now but it’s the wrong address. Grrrr) I set off around the island. It’s quite small, I head back past the Airport out towards the NASA site, sorry Scout Site, it seems NASA have gone and left the building to the Scouts as a centre, looks like a great facility as it’s miles from anywhere so they can pretty much do as they please I guess. During the day I’ve driven all the main roads, I think, lots of Photos (to be sorted at a later date) and a great day.

One thing I should note, and I’m sure some of my ex-colleagues will be jealous of; I spent a late lunch at the Beach and whilst swimming (in the beautiful warm clear water) cast my mind back wondering ‘what’s the forecast for tonight, will they be sending the gritters out? Has the snow come?’ I was pleased to think that at least my Snow Plan was working, no not the one I left behind at Exeter – MY snow plan: Emigrate before it arrives!

I intended to have an early meal and head off again at dusk for a drive at sunset, but when I go to the restaurant I find there’s a buffet tonight, at dusk, so bang goes that plan. Anyway I take a night trip around the island – 25 minutes (reminds me of the Western Isles) and it’s pretty dark – I don’t think I’d do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment