Sunday 12 August 2012

Diving Cheddar Gorge

Today we dived off Red Island - and the reef there looked just like Cheddar Gorge scaled down. Made me feel like I was skydiving - but without the terror of having just jumped out of a perfectly good aeroplane (although I guess I had just jumped out of a perfectly good boat...)

A more successful dive than my last one, although technically my last dive was successful - it was the one before that wasn't. My last dive lasted 5 minutes, whilst I went down to pick up a weight belt. the previous dive lasted a sensible time, but then I dropped the weight belt...

Back to skydiving - or perhaps one of those mission impossible films where the hero jumps and then the rope and fancy winch thing catch and slow them just before they smack into the ground/security guard's head/lost treasure. I'm getting quite good at that. Starting a few metres above the sea floor, and dropping down before catching myself just before I hit the bottom, without disturbing the silt/sand. Little things and little minds I guess. I wonder if that's how Curiosity felt landing on Mars? Oh, yeah Robot. Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment